Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Introductions

Hello, welcome to sketchdumage. I hope you enjoy your visit here, or at least get some kind of a kick out of it, heh heh heh. What is sketchdumpage, you may ask? Allow me to explain. Have you ever heard the phrase, "Every artist has 10,000 bad drawings in him or her?" It basically means that bad drawings are a fact of life. There's no getting around them or avoiding them; if you're a beginner, a lot of your drawings are going to suck. However, since you already know that a lot of your drawings are going to suck, you might as well get those sucky drawings drawn, so you can get to the really good looking stuff. I intend to get through all of my sucky drawings, hopefully before this year ends, and to keep myself going, I'm going to report every single (digital) sketch I make in this blog.

Yes, this is probably going to be the most boring place on earth for anyone but me, but I don't care. I feel this is a good way to express myself, and when I look back on this humble bunch of letters and images on the internet, perhaps I'll be proud of all my hard work, or more likely embarrassed by the quality.

Wish me luck in my endeavor if your into that sort of thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment