Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Hands, blankets, bunnies?

Since I can't really think of things to say at the beginning of these blog posts, I will comment on each of the individual drawings instead. This may or may not become a permanent practice depending on how well it works out.

A sketch of my hand, and living proof that I really need to improve my cast shadows.

If you can't tell, this is a girl. It is very difficult to draw a living person, because they keep on changing positions.

So this is my attempt at sketching fabric. I spent way longer than I should have on this, and it still turned bad because I sabotaged it right near the end by trying to glaze over part of it with the eraser (said glazing being the whitish diagonal lines around the center if you're curious)

I decided to try drawing a stuffed bunny sitting down, but I didn't like how this one was turning out, so...

...I started over, and this was the result of said redo. Still not great, but at least a little better. I totally cheated with the black background and all, but come on, I was pressed for time.

33 down,  9967 to go. 

See you next time.

PS. This may have been technically submitted on the 8th of may, but I finished the drawings and uploaded them here around 11:45 PM; I spent around 35 minutes arranging them and typing this post up, so yeah, think of this as posted on the 7th. I don't even know why I'm going into this useless bit of detail, but whatever. Have fun with life.

No comments:

Post a Comment